Start saving water today!
One of the great mysteries of sprinkler systems is how to program your timer so you don’t waste water. Making sure you use just the right amount of water, or conducting an irrigation audit, leads to maximum sprinkler efficiency and that’s where Hydro-Rain sprinkler catch cups (also known as catch cans) come in. They simply and effectively help you conserve water, perform your own sprinkler audit and reduce your water bill by accurately measuring sprinkler application rates for each watering station.
How it works
Simply place the catch cups in the included catch stands, run your sprinkler timer for 10-20 minutes per station, record the amount of water that falls into each cup and input the numbers into Hydro-Rain’s exclusive watering schedule application. Voila. The application will tell you your irrigation efficiency and timer schedule for each station, including correct duration and frequency for every month of the year.
- Contains 12 durable polypropylene catch cups and catch stands
- Features industry-common 16.25 sq. in. average throat area
- Measures sprinkler application in millimeters and centimeters
- Compatible with Hydro-Rain and Orbit’s exclusive watering timer schedule application
- 1-set of cups covers a station that has up to six sprinkler heads
FEATURES AND BENEFITS
- Fast Deployment and Takedown—Installed and gathered quickly so you can get on to the next job.
- Easy Readouts—Clear, injection-molded plastic catch cups give easy readouts of each cup.
- Durable Plastic—UV protected plastic cups and stakes make for long-lasting catch cups that will withstand the pressures of professional use.
- Expandability—Catch cups come in packs of twelve but can easily be expanded to provide more accuracy.
- Companion App—Hydro-Rain®’s Irrigation Audit App gives readouts on the go. Works with all major mobile devices and tablets.
- Accurately calculates distribution uniformity based on measurements from catch cups.
- International database of evapotranspiration data, making this App a global water conservation resource.
- Controls for each day of the week and accounts for odd and even days. Can be tailored for large commercial projects, small residential jobs and everything in-between.
- Provides ideal scheduling suggestions for controller, indicating number of start times, delay between start times and run time. Also gives indications of how frequently watering should occur based on month.
- Allows for printing and emailing of results for customer convenience and for your records. Printed version provides detailed instructions along with quick reference.
- Readouts based on number of stations, soil type, zip code (ET data), run time, and catch cup findings.
- App provides quick link to all Hydro-Rain® controllers for reference when programing.